For "testing" program you do not need SoftController. There are dedicated "Test Mode" function available.
If you wish to simulate control application (Online mode) then the SoftController can be used.
Configuration is simple:
1. Launch SoftController application from Windows start menu and click "Start".
2. In Compact Control Builder menu select "Tools->Setup->Station->Application Download". Change HWSimulationAllowed parameter to "TRUE". Change ReauthenticateDL to "FALSE".
3. Expand "Controllers" tree in Control Builder, right-click controller you want to simulate and select "Properties->Simulate Hardware".
4. Right-click same controller again and select "Properties->System Identity". Here you must set address of SoftController. If SoftController is running on the same computer with Control builder set the address: 127.0.0.1:2. Else, open SoftController application click File->View Log and check which network address has been assigned.
5. Expand "Hardware AC800M" of your controller, find ethernet settings and change IP address to 127.0.0.1 or on the IP that has been assigned to SoftController (see SC log file) but without postfix ":2".
6. Click "Download Project and Go Online" button (or press Ctrl+D) in the Control Builder.